Limey Yank Games
Well, I hope 2015 was as good for you as it was for me. It saw LYG gain new sponsors and the introduction of advertising, saw the launch of our sister site WalkingWaterloo.com, my first game design Toulon, 1793 started reaching customers & distributors, and our EU Friendly Shipping Service really started to take-off.
On a personal level I started my own company LYG Consulting Limited (Software Testing; not games alas) and got to realise my near life-long ambition of visiting the Waterloo Bi-Centennial.
Well, out with the old and in with the new. This year will hopefully see me complete the design of Waninig Crescent/Shattered Cross - my game on the 1565 Great Siege of Malta - which now has its own BGG page by the way (looking a little bare at present but, now its there, content will follow).The game is doing very well with its pre-orders and there's a very real chance, thanks to your support, that it will make its numbers this year.
And Natasha and I have added a new feature to the site - Our 'Shop'. This basically allows me to list games for sale from my extensive personal collection. I doubt it will ever hold much 'stock', at least not until I retire (5 years to go), but do check it out now and again. There will definitely be some tasty items later this month (unlike most aspects of LYG, updates of the Shop will not be restricted to the first Saturday of each month).
If you've got Waninig Crescent/Shattered Cross on pre-order or are intending to pre-order it, then you'll want to know about this Competition to Win a Free Copy. Here’s how to be in with a chance:
Waning Crescent, Shattered Cross (The 1565 Great Siege of Malta) will feature a deck of over 60 different card types (with multiple instances of some types) and we need to locate appropriate card art. If you have the game on pre-order and are able to help us locate suitable art, then we’ll put your name into a draw and the winner will get their pre-order for free. In addition, anyone that suggests art that is used in the game will get a mention in the game’s credits.
The rules of the competition are simple:
- You must have Waning Crescent, Shattered Cross on pre-order
- Any art submitted must be in the public domain
- Colour and black & white images are equally acceptable
- Suitability will be determined by the designer, publisher and other individuals as may be nominated by the publisher. It will be based on rule 2 and relevance to the card subject, and will not be open to challenge/appeal.
- All suitable art submissions will go into the draw (rule 1 applies).
- Those submitting art that is selected for use will get a credit in the game.
- The draw will occur once the selection of card art for the game has been finalised
- Entries will be accepted at any time up until the selection of card art for the game has been finalised
- The prize-winner will be drawn at random from all suitable submissions; your name will go into the draw once for each and every suitable submission you make.
- The prize will be shipped with other pre-orders for the game and is dependent on the game being published.
The card titles are downloadable here: CardCompetition.pdf
The designer is happy to provide additional information on the cards on request and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can pre-order the game here: Waning Crescent, Shattered Cross
My thanks as always to our sponsors, advertisers, contributors and visitors.
Wishing you a Happy and Prosperous 2016!
New additions and updates
People support LYG in many ways; submitting files, sponsoring the site or by making donations.
Those listed below have generously donated $25 or more are classed as our patrons.
- Scott Abrams
- James Anderson
- Robert Appleyard
- John Bowen
- Douglas Dungan
- Rob Franz
- Giuseppe Gessa
- Russel Gifford
- Timothy Greene
- Marco Gnagnetti
- Al Hay
- Neil MacNeil
- Paulo Migliacci
- Adam Niechwiej
- Ken Nied
- Edward Pundyk
- John Rainey
- Alan Rothberg
- Craig Thompson
Patrons get a 5% discount in the LYG Shop